You are Entitled To:
1. Select the auto body repair shop of
your choice to repair auto body damage covered by the insurance
company. An insurance company can not require the repairs to be done at
a specific auto body repair shop. By law you get to choose.
2. Receive an itemized written estimate for auto body repairs
and, upon completion of repairs, a detailed invoice. The estimate and
the invoice must include an itemized list of parts and labor along with
the total price for the work performed. The estimate and invoice must
also identify all parts as new, used, aftermarket, reconditioned or
3. Be informed about coverage for towing services. Unless the
insurance company has provided an insured with the name of a specific
towing company prior to the insured's use of another towing company. The
insurance company must pay all reasonable towing charges of the towing
company used by the insured.
4. Be informed about the extent of coverage, if any, for a
replacement rental vehicle while a damaged vehicle is being repaired.
5. Be informed of where to report suspected fraud or other
complaints and concerns about auto body repairs.
If you have any questions regarding your rights with the insurance
companies, please call our office or fill out the [
contact form ] and
we'll help you make the right decisions: (954) 454-2229